• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Creating a 'Natural' Cave

Zerocon

Hey,
How would I go about creating a 'cave' in my 20 Gal?
I would like to fit it in with the looks of an aquascape, but without making it looks like a tacky LFS fake cave...
Would using HC or moss around a plastic tube (with small holes in) work?
I need some ideas please, it'll be for my Female Dwarf Gourami, my cherries (getting on saturday).

I made a cave out of pebbles stuck together with silicon for my community tank. Looks like this.

AquariumCave008.jpg

You could probably put some moss on it to help it blended in.

I made a cave for my apistogramma's by having a ton of landscaping stone and fitting it together so it was nise and tight, I tied moss onto it and it looks pretty good, and they love it :)

Your best bet would be like bobs, but I think itd look better with lava rock, with moss tied to it.

Do I need a special type of Silicon?
They all look great, I'm just going to go for it, I will be starting a Journal soon!

Make sure you use aquarium safe silicon. The normal bathroom stuff has things like fungicide in them which you don't really want in an aquarium.
I think someone recently posted a link to a cheap online supplier - about £3 or £4 for a cartridge, which is much cheaper than LFSs. But I can't find the thread just now. But shop around online.

Back