• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CPD issue.

Jaseon

Had these set up for my father in law for about 6 weeks, There's 10 in all, and 6 of them seem healthy, and good colour, but the rest are sulking, and looking like the one below. Im not sure if they are female, and the rest are males so a bit of stress going on with them. It looks like their fins have been nipped, but im not so sure as they might be just closed for some reason. Any ideas?

20220223_121806.jpg

Hard to tell from the photo if the fins are clamped or nipped but looks more like they're clamped.
Presume tank parameters are all ok?
What's the set up like for them?
I stopped buying cpds a couple of years ago as all the ones I've seen since then have been rather weak and inbred looking.

I think the tail is clamped rather than nipped, and the belly on some of them is sunk in. Parameters are fine, and doing 50% wc each week, Its still a newish tank although the cycle went ok, and have some plants that are growing nicely. several of the fish are ok, and eating normally.

Kanaplex, Maracyn 2, and Nitrofurazone has been mentioned as a medication whilst trolling other forums with similar symptoms so i dont know. Its not something ive come across before. Not sure if its a parasitic infection. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the different treatments.

Kanaplex, Maracyn 2, and Nitrofurazone
Really you want to avoid using these if possible as they're antibiotic based and not available over the counter in the UK for very good reasons,antibiotic resistance is something that they don't seem to really consider or care about in the U.S :(
I'd go with a general wormer before anything to rule out internal parasites first.

Really you want to avoid using these if possible as they're antibiotic based and not available over the counter in the UK for very good reasons,antibiotic resistance is something that they don't seem to really consider or care about in the U.S :(
I'd go with a general wormer before anything to rule out internal parasites first.
The Nitrofurazone is available in flake form.

s-l1600-28-1-1.jpg

Not over here surely?
Over where? Uk?

Im aware of the over use of antibiotics in humans, but dont think its an issue in the fish hobby? Those antibiotics where the first thing i read about as being used as a treatment.

Anyways they are being dosed with Melafix so see how that goes.

Back