• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Couple of newb questions re co2

Raws69

Hi

ive noticed that the water in my bubble checker empties and needs filling up on a weekly basis, is this normal?
lastly the adjustment dial on the Aquarium CO2 Regulator Pro-SE Series reg is really sensitive, are there better options available?

cheers

ive noticed that the water in my bubble checker empties and needs filling up on a weekly basis, is this normal?
I don't think that's normal, have you seen this?
lastly the adjustment dial on the Aquarium CO2 Regulator Pro-SE Series reg is really sensitive, are there better options available?
I have that too, it takes a lot of fiddling to get it right...but it should stay (more or less at least) once you've got it.

I’m having to to[-up the checker on a weekly basis, according to that link this appears normal? There are no leaks and pressure is 30psi

Unless the bubble counter is built into the diffusor and it auto fills when CO2 goes off, the water will evaporate, I have one thats not had water in it for years, once your tank is stable CO2 wise the BPS rate is irrelevant IMO

You can adjust the injection rate Via the working PSI and/or the needle valve

Hi

cheers
Hi @Raws69
What are your gauges reading? and what diffuser are you using?

Hi JP

its an in-line diffuser not sure of make. from What everyone is telling me, there is no issue and this is just normally. Re the adjustment dial,I seem to have nailed the level of co2 in the tank at lights on so just leaving this as is...

cheers

Hi

just use some light mineral oil- you used to be able to buy it in Boots the chemist. It’s inert just ensure the oil can’t get back into the regulator

all the best

paul

My bubble counter has been empty for months, most BPS are too quick to count anyway so pointless in my opinion. As long as your drop checker is the right colour and everything is stable i wouldn't bother with it personally

Back