• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Corbo root floating

Dave Stanford

Seedling
Hi all. I’m in the process of setting up a small (82l) tank for aquascaping and have been soaking a piece of Corbo root for about 10 days but it’s showing no signs of sinking. It has a small cavity in the centre which I’ve tried filling with gravel but no luck. I’d like to fix it more permanently as I don’t want it to move later and uproot plants and substrate. Is it possible to glue it to bottom of the tank or is there a better solution? I’d be grateful for any advice. Thanks

Silicone might work well to fix it down... many have also screwed a piece of slate to the bottom (stainless steel screw) then used this to help with fixing. I would likely just place a rock strategically on top of it to sink it so that I could remove it later once it become water logged. That said, I can't imagine it will be much longer before it sinks!... does it really resist sinking?

Thanks for the reply. Yes it does resist sinking and doesn’t really feel any different after being submerged for 10 days. The problem is that it’s not really the right shape to put a rock on it and I’d like to make it more permanent in case it doesn’t eventually sink.

Back