• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

copper Harlequins

Dave Spencer

I am planning on filling my 240l with a shoal of the above, with the possibility of some Chocolate Gouramis. Whilst I don`t mind mixing plants from different regions, I think too an eclectic mix of fish looks odd. Can anybody recommend any other readily available fish from the S.E. Asia area to compliment the Harlequins?

Dave.

Are you looking for a species to complement the Harlequins that will replace the Gouramis? Or just another species as well as the Harlequins and Gouramis?

I`m not too sure, Thomas. The Harlequins are a definite shoe in due to her who must be obeyed, but the Gouramis may be dependent on any other suggestions.

Dave.

Oh I get ya. I think the Chocolate Gouramis are a good idea, although you could consider the Yellow or Red ones (Dwarf?). I reckon they would look pretty good too. Or, instead of that you could have another shoal of say Pentazona Barbs or Ember Tetras which would complement the Harlequins well, but that might be confusing things a bit too much.

If SE Asia if what you're after then rasboras and barbs are the thing.

How about cherrys? Stay small, brightly coloured and males display well without agression. Or perhaps, the glowlight danio, Danio choprai, for the top layer? Wouldn't go well with the chocolates though as they're constant fast movement might spook them.

beeky said:
If SE Asia if what you're after then rasboras and barbs are the thing.

How about cherrys? Stay small, brightly coloured and males display well without agression. Or perhaps, the glowlight danio, Danio choprai, for the top layer? Wouldn't go well with the chocolates though as they're constant fast movement might spook them.

I've kept Zebra Danios with Honey Gouramis before (when I first started out) and they got on fine if that's anything to go by.

Back