• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Congo tetras

andy

Are these ok in a planted tank ?...someone has just mentioned that they can decimate plants but it's the first i've heard of it.

Rgds

Andy

I've got a shoal of now four rather elderly Congo tetras. Had them since they were little and they've always been in planted tanks. I have never seen them do anything other than nibble the odd leaf when they haven't been fed over holidays or something.

They're great fish for a bigger tank, but I have to say with my three foot tanks I wouldn't buy any more - they really want more space, IMHO. 4 foot plus. Gorgeous fish though with their ragged fins.

Never heard off any problems with these other than when they get to a good size they can eat any small algae shrimps etc. I.e. The big fish eating the small fish sceanaio.

Mine seem fine to busy chasing each other and everything else to bother with the plants :lol:

Back