• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Confused

lurcher

Could you lighting experts please advise me. I have a planted tank measuring 39” long by 16” wide by26” high.my lighting consists of 4x 24watt t5s. Plus one 25watt led plus one 23watt led.the 23watt was sold to me as a 28.8 watt light and I was assured that it was by seller,however I then noticed it was stamped 23w. Please can you advise me I my lighting is too little or too much. Just fell down staircase and dont want algae problems with damaged arm.many thanks.

Could you lighting experts please advise me. I have a planted tank measuring 39” long by 16” wide by26” high.my lighting consists of 4x 24watt t5s. Plus one 25watt led plus one 23watt led.the 23watt was sold to me as a 28.8 watt light and I was assured that it was by seller,however I then noticed it was stamped 23w. Please can you advise me I my lighting is too little or too much. Just fell down staircase and dont want algae problems with damaged arm.many thanks.
Well your tank will tell you whats too much.

Generally speaking though for a 70gal bit deeper than usual you should (big guess) be fine for med lighting overall.
Lot depends on the quality of the t5 reflectors and efficiency of the leds amongst other things like height and placement.
Dealing with the sort of non-standard size of 39" can cause some issues like low par ends.

Hey john q that is really nice of you thank you. Thanks as always for sound advice Oreo?

Back