• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Compulsive Aquatic Tank Syndrome (CATS)

Hanuman

Post your Compulsive Aquatic Tank Syndrome (CATS) pics, make yourself proud.

Let's start with today's CATS task. I have also recruited my daughter so she learns such skills.

IMG_9511 copy.jpg

End result:
IMG_9514.jpg

Let's start with today's CATS task. I have also recruited my daughter so she learns such skills.
Weeding out those unwanted stones may turn out to be an invaluable skill if later she wish to become a Gemologists or Geologists :)

I do not have any pictures, but I frequently remove all my floating plants (Frogbit and Pennyworth) to meticulously clear off duckweed under running water. Now, thats a skill that wont get anyone ahead in life, but it's definitely an OCD trait of mine.

Cheers,
Michael

I do not have any pictures, but I frequently remove all my floating plants (Frogbit and Pennyworth) to meticulously clear off duckweed under running water. Now, thats a skill that wont get anyone ahead in life, but it's definitely an OCD trait of mine.
Very important if duckweed is not to take over.

If you think that those stray granules are the work of ramdomness then you did not appreciate the full extent of my OCDness. 🤯.
@Hanuman thats a great comeback! :lol: Personally, I tend to agree with @hypnogogia - especially that single red pebble in the 2nd pile really bugs me... and if I am not mistaken there are two reddish ones in the 3rd and one in the 4th :lol:

Cheers,
Michael

As a person with real OCD and anxiety, this isn’t really what it is though, no offence. I think its more of an anal retentive…which everyone probably have at some levels. Check this list out. I wonder what are you going to do with smallest granule though?
5606ECB3-BB01-433C-BB48-4E4824F21986.jpeg

this isn’t really what it is though, no offence. I think its more of an anal retentive…which everyone probably have at some levels.
This is by no means a thread to make fun of those with actual and diagnosed OCD. 🙏
I do appreciate the over simplification and that is intended. I am by no means a doctor nor this is a support thread with those with actual OCD and I don't pretend to know all about it, far from it. A touch of humor is important in life though. We all have our issues and I am the first one to make fun of mine.
Looking at the second part of your chart, I think a lot of people can relate to one or multiple conditions, me the first.

I wonder what are you going to do with smallest granule though?
They went to the plants in the pots outside my home. It's literally dust and see no use of it in a tank.

I've slightly changed the thread title in order for it to be less medically oriented and perhaps less offensive to those with actual OCD. 🙏
Following the advice of one of the forum moderators the title has been changed yet again to Compulsive Aquatic Tank Syndrome (CATS).

Last edited:
I think CATS is an appropriate term for something quite a lot of aquascapers, planted tank enthusiasts, and fish keepers often experience; "liking things just so".
Who knows, it could enter the hobby lexicon aside the likes of MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome), and become a recognised term. And it all started here on UKAPS 😎

Back