• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Complete beginner

I've heard good things about Big Als. It would be woth your time to wait and do more research.
If you havent, read this http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18943. Its a great write up on the non co2 side of the hobby and should be a great help.

What I read then is that my T8 17 watts bulb is not sufficient for my 30g, i should have a 25 to 30 watt bulb, if i am reading correctly. Be it T5 or T8 right?

Yes that would be about right, Im currently running 54w t5 over my 60 gal you could go a bit more with the t8 ie 2x 17w would be ok without being to much

then im afraid i will have to buy a new canopy which i was hoping i didnt have too. i dont think they make 30 watts bulbs as i only have a single bulb canopy.
cost or budget is a factor...

Can I get away with the 17watts or is it just way to small for my needs?

You could try a luminare they can be picked up for reasonable money second hand there are some good led ones coming out for £30-35ish

Back