• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Competition Win.

Dave Spencer

I have just been told that I won the AEP "Power in a Picture" photography competition. AEP stands for Association of Electricity Producers. T

Anyway, I get to donate £1000 to a charity of my choice, I win a camera and two tickets to the FA Cup Final. I also get an expenses paid overnight stop in London with Alison to receive my award at the AEP AGM, plus a framed print of the picture.

Apparently, there will be some government ministers there, plus entertainment by some of the "Mock the Week" crew.

Woo hoo! 😀

Dave.

Congratulations buddy, that's great stuff 😀

Lets have a look at the shot then.......

Well done Dave,its a nice feeling when your pics get chosen,any idea which charity you are going to choose,
regards,
john.

No, but I am, registered and everything. 😉

Well done, look forward to seeing the shot!

Thanks for the words.

John, I shall be donating half to Cancer Reasearch UK (my mother has been through two cases of breast cancer), and arthritis reasearch UK (arthritis was the bane of Alison`s mum`s life.

The picture is one I have already posted here. I nearly didn`t send it, as it doesn`t particularly show the industry in a positive light. My thoughts were that they wanted wind turbines in green fields with lambs gambolling around. :lol:

It will be nice to get a framed print of it, but it isn`t something to put on the wall around the house. Maybe it will make the downstairs loo.

nry: TTIUWOP's! Am I getting old? I don`t know this one. 😳

SunsetMill.jpg

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
nry: TTIUWOP's! Am I getting old? I don`t know this one. 😳 Dave.

NYNGOACMUA

No Your Not Getting Old Anyone Can Make Up Acronyms. Just nobody can understand them 'til they're explained! lol

SunsetMill.jpg

Great photograph mate. I like it even more now after seeing it a while back.

I can see why it won that category.

Did you shoot it with the contest in mind, or was it already in the bag?

Sorry for the late reply. I have been away on a course for a few days.

George, this was one I already had, and have always been happy with, as it reflects the type of photography I like. I almost never entered it though, despite the fact that the image reflected the topic of the competition quite well...."power in a picture". I just felt the industry was looking for a "greener image", if you know what I mean.

YHTBIITWI. :lol: LOL!

Dave.

Back