• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Compatibility Chili Rasbora and CPD.

pseudodiego

Hi everyone.

I have a 300 liters going that I'm planning to stock with the following:

-50 Chili rasboras.
-25 CPD
-Ramshorn snails.
-Neocaridinas Blue velvet.
- 5 Atya Gabonensis.

I would like to hear experiences on those two fish species living together. I had the chilis before with Cardinal tetras and ember tetras and they were always scared in a corner of the aquarium, and even ended jumping out of it from time to time, despite that the other species ignored them. I'm not sure if they would do the same with the CPD.

The aquarium will have a center island of redmoor wood with Anubias, Java fern and bucephalandeas, surrounded by dark sand. I plan to add some floating plant too to prevent the fish from jumping.

So, anyone knows if the two species would live fine together? Thanks

Hi everyone.

I have a 300 liters going that I'm planning to stock with the following:

-50 Chili rasboras.
-25 CPD
-Ramshorn snails.
-Neocaridinas Blue velvet.
- 5 Atya Gabonensis.

I would like to hear experiences on those two fish species living together. I had the chilis before with Cardinal tetras and ember tetras and they were always scared in a corner of the aquarium, and even ended jumping out of it from time to time, despite that the other species ignored them. I'm not sure if they would do the same with the CPD.

The aquarium will have a center island of redmoor wood with Anubias, Java fern and bucephalandeas, surrounded by dark sand. I plan to add some floating plant too to prevent the fish from jumping.

So, anyone knows if the two species would live fine together? Thanks

That tank should be awesome, make sure you start a journal!

Chilli’s should be absolutely fine with CPD’s, they are both relatively shy retiring fish.

As you seem to have concluded yourself, lots of surface cover is key with Chilli’s as they are surface dwellers, so easily spooked to jump if they don’t have that cover.

Back