• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Coldwater Plant Options.

Jason Blake

Hi,

A friend has asked my what plants she can keep in a coldwater goldfish tank and to be honest I couldn't think of any other that what I put in my pond, most of which would not be suitable in a small 60 litre tank.

So other than Elodea Densa are there any others that would be suitable for such a tank? There is no EI and no CO2 either. Lighting is a single 11w PL that was supplied with the tank. Temperature is about 22c so not far of tropical temperatures! The tank is showing signs if algal growth.

We want to avoid the high tec route.

Thanks.

Apart from java ferns and anubias no other plants can really survive, let alone thrive, in a goldfish tank. There are of course a few exceptions of goldfish who have never harmed plants but you cannot really count on it.

Apart from java ferns and anubias no other plants can really survive, let alone thrive, in a goldfish tank. There are of course a few exceptions of goldfish who have never harmed plants but you cannot really count on it.

Oh yeah, I somehow glazed over the goldfish part! As Sarpijk said, probably best to stick to java fern and anubias. Maybe bolbitis.

You could always test a few other plants and see how they get treated.

Back