• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2ART Pro SE

JBFUK

I've started having an issue with my CO2ART Pro SE after switching out the empty bottle and wonder whether this is a common issue and whether there's something I can do to resolve it? However I adjust the output pressure, when the solenoid is closed the output pressure gauge gradually creeps up to ~70PSI. The solenoid then fails to open I imagine because of the pressure differential. To get it to open I have to loosen one of the screws on the solenoid block and give the plunger unit a nudge to allow a bit of the CO2 out and reduce the built up pressure which then allows the solenoid to open again.

Does anybody know what's going on and whether this is resolvable?

To be honest I've not been at all impressed with this regulator. When I first received it the solenoid valve didn't close off fully and they needed to send a replacement plunger unit. The needle valve is also a bit rough with fine tuning difficult and the slightest nudge putting it out. The significantly cheaper regulator I brought from AliExpress for a smaller tank seems to have been more reliable and easier to use.

So the black valve on the front makes no difference to the output pressure when you adjust it?

My reg has been fine since I've had it, though I agree the needle valve is a 'chocolate teapot', and is well worth replacing or bypassing.

Well it seems to have settled down a bit now. The output pressure still builds to slightly less, around 60 PSI when the valve is closed but it is managing to open now and settles back down to ~40 PSI. The needle valve is rubbish, need to work out how to replace it.

What it seems to have is debris in the first stage of your reductor. If you contact CO2ART team, they will send you instructions how to clean an solve your problem.
Regarding the needle valve, I agree with you, it's not easy to adjust... I am trying not to touch mine much. You can add another one on the line and use that for fine adjustments. So you have two. If you remove the one on your reductor you will lose your warranty and also please be aware that the special threads are glued in place. Ask CO2ART for the type and size of the threads.

So the black valve on the front makes no difference to the output pressure when you adjust it?

My reg has been fine since I've had it, though I agree the needle valve is a 'chocolate teapot', and is well worth replacing or bypassing.

Any recommendations for replacements or ideas on how to bypass it? I find the needle valve too sensitive.

Any recommendations for replacements or ideas on how to bypass it? I find the needle valve too sensitive.

I have one of these Camozzi in-line needle valves after the CO2 Art needle valve which I then leave wide open. It’s been flawless for me so far - set and forget.

I haven't replaced mine yet but it's really annoying me. I can't believe CO2Art get away with charging so much for such junk - the cheap regulator I had on my small tank from AliExpress was all round better.. I don't care about warranty, thinking of just buying and fitting this:

In terms of the thread size does this match the CO2Art block?

Back