• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Solenoid Location

lawrencezarb

I know it is the general practice to pleace the Co2 solenoid beteen the regulator and needle valve, but is ther any reason or problem with fitting it after the needle valve (on the low pressure side) and fitting the needle valve directly to the regulator?

The solenoid should go, as you have stated between the regulator and needle valve.

If you fit the solenoid after the needle valve, the pipe between regulator and needle valve and solenoid would raise to say 3 bar when solenoid is off and when solenoid opens you would get a pressure burst/pulse as the pipe between needle valve and solenoid depressurises. If this is likely to cause any issues, blowing pipes off, uncontrollable bubble rate, I don't know.

Why do you want to pipe it this order ?

In my case, the needle valve is an integral part of the regulator assembly (JBL m001). So, it is physically impossible to place the solenoid valve between the regulator and needle valve. The outlet of the JBL m001 is piped to the solenoid valve. The working/operating pressure in my setup is set to 2.0bar. I have had no problems with this configuration after just over six months of operation.

Just to clarify, if fitting the needle valve to the regulator this will be a direct fitting without any piping. The reason I ask is that my solenoid output can only accept a pipe so I cannot fit the needle valve directly to it as I would prefer.

Provided the pipe length between needle valve and solenoid is small probably wont be an issue.

Back