• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 regulator

justin85

I will be running pressurized Co2 on my new setup once it flooded, and will be using a up atomizer. I need help with my regulator, I am not sure what to have it set as. I read 2.5 bars is where most people set there's but I can not tell from the numbers on my regulator where that would be.

DSC_0415_zpsb77c56d9.jpg

I think that gauge just displays the current pressure of the cylinder itself , maybe the reg has a fixed non adjustable output pressure. Someone else may know more .
Cheers

This gauge looks like it is designed for your bottle pressure as opposed to your working pressure. What does this read when you connect it to your CO2 bottle?

I am probably just going to buy a TMC regulator dual pro as I want something I know that I can rely on, and I know TMC are pure quality. There are lots of regulators eBay buy its hard to tell if there good quality or not as most are imported. I thought £15 was a steal ! but I guess it wasn't

I'm not sure if you can adjust the working pressure on the reg you have which maybe why you've just got a bottle pressure guage. It could still work if the reg fixed pressure is above two bar.

If it is adjustable you just need another gauge.

Being a welder ive seen many adjustable regs with one guage, and ones with two guages you dont need 2 guages it just makes it easier to set if you have 2. It also enables you to see end of tank dump. If you need more pressure turn it up you dont need a second guage to know its working. Just like you dont need a bubble counter to set your flow or a rev counter in a car it just makes it easier.
That reg looks adjustable to me. Screw black knob clockwise and if it gets tighter and tighter its adjustable

Being a welder ive seen many adjustable regs with one guage, and ones with two guages you dont need 2 guages it just makes it easier to set if you have 2. It also enables you to see end of tank dump. If you need more pressure turn it up you dont need a second guage to know its working. Just like you dont need a bubble counter to set your flow or a rev counter in a car it just makes it easier.
That reg looks adjustable to me. Screw black knob clockwise and if it gets tighter and tighter its adjustable

I had issues with my up atomizer in the passed which I put down to not being able to set the correct pressure, it would be set to 1bps then some times just stop working after about an hour (i.e no Co2 passing through the bobble counter) or it would go in to over load and it would empty the canister in to the tank within a few hours (had a whole tank whip out while I was at work)

That was a different different regulator but it also was a single gauge regulator. I found out that the gauge was a flow gauge not a pressure gauge.

So you think I can still get the correct pressure with this regulator ?

Definately worth trying before spending any more cash end of tank dump could be a problem if your not around to see it happen but you can change fe as soon as pressure starts to drop to avoid this.

I had issues with my up atomizer in the passed which I put down to not being able to set the correct pressure

Probably not enough pressure some people run inline diffusers at 3-4bar 2.5bar quoted in diffuser instructions is a minimum value

If it doesnt work, i would be interested in buying as was going to pick that model up for my nano that wont need high pressures as only running a small diffuser.

IME I've never had to go above about 2.2bar for my inline ups to work and I use 3 of them. If your reg is fixed at 2.5 bar that should be fine.

Back