• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Regulator Problems

Hi All,

I've had issues with my CO2 regulator in that I set it to a safe rate of BPS one day, then the solenoid turns it off over night which is fine, however when I get home the next day during the timed period the CO2 is absolutely roaring out of the diffuser at a dangerous rate.

Could this be user error or does it sounds like an issue with the reg or my non return valve?

Maybe its an issue with my pressure or flow knobs, if I can solve it by ensuring its not my error Id be relieved

hasygepa.jpg

How long have you had the Co2 Cylinder running?
You will get a initial surge of built up Co2 in the tubing behind the check valve but the bubble count should settle after a few minutes.
hoggie

Ok Im Set up and running (no fish yet)

Can somebody explain the basics of setting up? What should the centre valve be set at? and what is the needle valve for? I know the centre is pressure and the needle is flow but do I open up the centre fully and have the needle valve nearly completely shut, Or do I go for low pressure and a wide open needle?

Ive been trawling Youtube tonight and havnt found an answer to that question yet.

Would appreciate some help asap :)

hasygepa.jpg
[/quote]

Close the needle valve fully then adjust the main control knob to give around 2.5 bar then open the needle valve very slowly to get the desired bubble rate, if the pressure drops adjust the main knob again to give around 2.5 bar

That should have you set up in the right area, dont be surprised if you have to fiddle with the needle valve for a few days

Hth

As Mark says, you need to close the needle valve fully and then just open ever so slightly until you get the right bubble count.
Warning!! Don't over tighten the needle valve when you close it as this may cause damage.

Back