• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Regulator leaking from the adjustment knob

enb141

Hi, I just bought a second hand GLA CO2 Regulator, unfortunately after checking it has leaks from the main knob valve, so I would like to know if is fixable and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

I'm gonna need to buy some tools to remove that know and then replacing the o ring.

Houston we have a problem, after removing the screw, there's no o Ring

20201023_093153.jpg
20201023_093203.jpg

Oring might be captive in the body, does the screw come out? Or is that retained? Maybe the collar unscrews.

Could be a diaphragm issue, with the leak coming out through screw. Either way think you need to disassemble more or send off to manufacturers.

Oring might be captive in the body, does the screw come out? Or is that retained? Maybe the collar unscrews.

Could be a diaphragm issue, with the leak coming out through screw. Either way think you need to disassemble more or send off to manufacturers.
Send it to manufacturer would be prohibitive expensive, AFAIK that brass screw cannot be removed (correct me if I'm wrong)

So now what can I do?

How can I open the rest of the regulator?

Send it to manufacturer would be prohibitive expensive, AFAIK that brass screw cannot be removed (correct me if I'm wrong)

So now what can I do?

How can I open the rest of the regulator?
Looks like there are 2 flats on the main body, is that right? Big spanner on those to unscrew I would guess. Link below might be useful to diagnose.

Regulator Failure Modes

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, so it seems to be either the diaphragm or crawl, the problem is that doesn't seems easy to disassemble.

If I was you I’d contact GLA about it. Second hand or not, they may be able to provide some insight or point you in the right direction.
I just called my local CO2 gas provider, they have a workshop, I'm gonna take it with them to heard their findings, anyways I still have to open it, so they have way way more experience than me.

I hope they don't charge me a leg and arm for that.

Back