• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 regulator dead

fleabilly

Good evening.
Curious if anyone has a spare solenoid regulator,
Or knows how to fix a broken one.
I have two now that have died.
I would not mind buying something good.
And when I say good, I mean something that will last.

Cheers

R

Sent

Hard to say. But I might say it is the solenoid,
Although it does click when I turn the power on and off...
The co2 comes out, but not strong, like the valve is clogged maybe.

Guess I could take it apart tonight and fiddle with it.
It's Thursday.

Would like any helpful hints to rule out solenoid or regulator...

Cheers

R

Sent

If the solinoid is going on and off and allowing co2 through you can 99% rule that out as the problem in nearly all solinoid failures they completely stop working, again you can almost certainly rule out the regulator again for the same reasons so personally id check the needle valve but I would hazard a guess that you have a leak somewhere before the solinoid, check the easy things first such as the sealing ring / washer where the regulator screws on to the gas bottle then work through all the joints and gauges with soapy water

Mark

Or check no return valve. I've been using an up one. Had problems a while ago so stripped everything down the up non return valve had cracks all-around it....I won't buy another.:). After replacing it bubble rate is fine.

I've just been through the same thing. Thought the regulator needle valve was bust, turns out that the nuts on the bubble counter were cracked and that gas was escaping. This meant I could turn the needle valve to fully open without getting much gas flow. Replaced the bubble counter and everything now works fine. I think this is partly a side-effect of the higher operating pressures needed to run UP atomisers, in that the rest of the system is not designed to accept the extra pressure. So, from my very limited experience, I would check very carefully for leaks before binning the expensive part of the system.
Cheers
David

Back