• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 reg

Bargin for price but be aware that you will get more pressure when co2 first comes on until it equalises pressure build up. also it may give end of tank dump as co2 runs out
Westcol and sif regs are much better and all single stage regs are prone to end of tank dump
2 stage co2/argon regs rarely come up for sale unlike oxygen which come up quite often
All 2 stage regs have a stainless diaphram in the first stage and a neoprene diaphram in the second stage and are co2 safe but the fitting is male and an adapter cost around £20 and regs can be bought new for around £45-65 from welding suppliers

Does this mean you can use pretty much any regulator for co2 aslong as we use adapters or change the fittings ? I was lead to believe from the research I did that you could only use co2 regs for co2 as the co2 will degrade the diaphragm ?

Lots of welding regs are for argon/co2 mixture so need to be co2 safe. Only super cheap regs and ones made for pipework eg. ones that are fitted to compressor outlets will not be co2 safe and many manufactures prefer just to keep one type of diaphram to keep costs down, they get bigger discounts for ordering in bulk, so they buy all the same. regs are only really labeled to identify what gas is in them. Flammable gases have left hand fittings and can be much harder to find adapters. Look at boc website all there regs have the same diaphrams. People just think there different cos health and safety says you must use a co2 reg for co2 and oxygen for oxygen, this is where people get confused. If you have a particular brand of reg look at makers websites and compare most will tell you what the diaphrams are made from.

6diupes.jpg

These are available uk . Probably imported but worth a try with a uk reg , seem to be able to get a decent single stage from £20 odd or like big clown says , spend £40 and get a multi stage to avoid the dump !! Nothing worse then being away and coming bk to find eotd has happened :/

If that's from the company I think then they are actually pretty good solenoids for the money. Think I paid £15 for one without the needle valve and it worked just fine. I'm not sure how they compare to higher priced units but I can imagine longevity would be the only issue

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Awesome site ,
but you'd have to make a big order to get the monies worth from the shipping costs .
Shame we haven't got a company like this in England with all the right gubbings for co2 systems ,
There ya to big clown , open up an online shop with DIY co2 components :):) .........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought three of the ones in the top link ( cheap aquarium specific HK valve)and they are great. Much more adjustable than the stock one fitted on my "co2 supermarket" reg. Another positive is that adding a second valve inline and fully opening the one attached to the reg removes the fluctuating bubble count issues due to the operating temp of solenoid expanding the internals of the attached valve.
Hope this helps.

CO2 Needle Valve For Pressure Guage DIY Diffuser System Planted Aquarium | eBay

Reading through other threads on ukaps and found this . Also in the same thread it mentions the Fabco needle valve , I've read about them before on the planted tank forum , seem like the ones to get
http://www.fabco-air.com/pdf/Sec_12.pdf

Cheers

My reg is f***** :p....
Looking at the tmc v2 . Found it for £70 new , do you know if it works ok with an up in line atomizer ??
Cheers

Back