• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 refillable bottles

Hi,
I'm going to join the ranks of pressurised co2 users, I've already sorted a system from co2 art but I don't want to use fire extinguishers because I would have a problem of getting them refilled and you can't put the exhausted ones in the recycling.
Does everyone use Sodastream bottles with an adapter or is there a better more economical way of supplying co2?

Thanks in advance

Havent we had this conversation before?

A 1.5 or 3kg bottle -

180AFAF5-485A-4D9E-BE15-81D9A881D539.png

Hi,
I'm going to join the ranks of pressurised co2 users, I've already sorted a system from co2 art but I don't want to use fire extinguishers because I would have a problem of getting them refilled and you can't put the exhausted ones in the recycling.
Does everyone use Sodastream bottles with an adapter or is there a better more economical way of supplying co2?

Thanks in advance
A fire extinguisher or refillable bottle as mentioned by siege is always going to be cheaper.

I currently use a SodaStream bottle on one of my tanks, but I will be changing it to a FE once it's gone.

Just noticed the 'NEED TO CALL FIRST' on the Consumable Solutions website so I couldn't place an order,going to give them a ring today and have a word,my mistake but it certainly looks like a good option and the bottles look a lot better than a big red FE.

Thanks RudeDogg1, didn't realise there were so many alternatives to the ugly fire extinguishers,and all the alternatives are quite economical for the medium sized aquariums.

Hi,

Thanks in advance
Hi Richard.
I have the CO2 art pro series regulator which I really like. The cylinder I use is a food grade grey bottle which you can refill. I brought mine from Horizon aquatics and using it on an ADA60P and 50L hugo kimishi tank. I have co2 set at 2 bubbles/sec which gives me a stable co2 concentration of 32ppm (mg/L). What I like about this system is that it is easy to use, set up and lasts a long time before having to refill. My co2 system in the ADA60P has lasted me since early nov 2020 with no signs of running low on pressure according to the pressure gauges. Just a couple of days ago I got a CO2 kit made by Colombo that you can refill yourself at home by simply mixing some sodium hydrogen carbonate and citric acid which colombo can supply. I was skeptical at first but now that I have set it up and got it running, it is a game changer for me. I have a YouTube channel that has an in-depth video on setting up the co2 art regulator. I will also upload a video of an unboxing and complete set up of the co2 set from colombo hopefully this week. I can then keep an eye out on this new co2 system and give an update to see how it has progressed etc. Check out my channel (Natquascape) for videos that may help you with setting up CO2. I hope these videos help you with your co2 setup and deciding what system to use.

Very best wishes
Natquascape

Hi natquascape,
Thanks for your interesting reply to my post, I'm certainly going to have a look at your YouTube channel later.

I'm going to get a co2art system because of the good reviews on here and they are sponsors so they have confidence in their products.

Although I've kept just about every type of fish from marine,goldfish, Malawi's,and Koi my knowledge and experience of co2 infusion is zero,so all this is pretty daunting to me and I want to start with as much insight as possible.

I'm going get the complete kit as I want something I can get up and running without too much hassle,and also is pretty much foolproof and reliable.

Your post has helped me a lot actually so I going to make myself a coffee and head over to your YouTube channel,cheers.

Back