• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 PH monitor setup

Mark82

Seedling
I have a general question.

I have a PH Controller that controls my ph level to drop by 1.

Im currently running that 24/7. Should i change this to just come on before lights on and save the CO2, or should i just leave it as it is, because its better for plants and fish to maintain a constant PH?

Thanks

The CO2 can only be used by the plants when they have light, so CO2 on when there is no light just wastes CO2. So turn it on say 2 hours before lights on and 1 hour before lights off. Fish generally don't care too much about pH and slow pH changes.

You also may find because your using a pH controller that you can run at a higher CO2 BBS as it turns the solenoid off at target pH so you can shorten the on before lights even more, mine takes 56mins to drop pH. Of course dropping the pH too quick can/may stress your eco system too. It's your call OFC. But leaving it on 24/7 is a waste too. Think it may also shorten the life of the pH probe (but not sure on that)

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

Ok thanks, have put it on a timers will see how it's does. It's setup with an atomiser via the return pump, so 1 hrs should be enough. Don't have a counter on it but it's quite high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I use a drop checker as well, it stays green so I know my CO2 level is fine. No algae and plants are heathy etc.

I have put the ph controller to n a timer. It comes on about an hour before lights. I'm not home during the day so don't know when it reaches the set level, but I did a test and it dropped 0.21 in 15 minutes, so would drop 0.8 in an hour. Just need to check what it starts at when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back