• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 on and off and drop checker

jivemonkey

Hi,

I have a Trigon 350 corner tank in white and inject co2 via an inline jbl diffuser

Timer lights, smaller light on for an hour before main light comes on and goes off an hour after main light goes off. Co2 comes on with main light. Wondering if c02 should start as soon as small light comes on? Have been reading that turning co2 off an hour before lights is good but not sure about when best to turn it on

Also, drop checker x 2 about 4 inches off the bottom and I always find it hard to read, at about 3 bubbles per sec but indicators still look green with a hint of blue , just ordered fluval drop checker as white background probably easier than the black sides in my tank when trying to read colour but open to ideas on how to make it easier to read and don't want to overdo it as love my bosemani rainbows and don't want to poison them!

Hi jive monkey,

The general consensus is to have your co2 come on at least an hour before lights on to ensure there is adequate co2 available. Mine is on a fair few hours before hand but that's partly because I use a sump. I wouldn't have thought there would be remotely enough co2 available if it's only coming on when the main light is on.
You want the drop checker to be a nice green at lights on with no hint of blue. Otherwise you'll run into plant and algae issues

In fact, plants "wake up", i.e. begin photosynthesizing with daylight.

Thanks guys, another timer plug on order so they come on an hour before and told the co2 should stop an hour before lights off too?

Back