• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Newbie....First Reg/Sol

Ali-Jack

Evening all, hope you're all good? I'm new to the hobby and very new to CO2 injection so go easy on me :)
Right, im looking into getting my first regulator/solenoid to hook up to a DIN477 fitting. I've done plenty of research, but have a question.....
You guys all recommend "Lunapet"....but i can't find them anywhere on the net!!! Please, if you wouldn't mind, could someone post a working link to their products?

Also, of the budget reg/sol (i.e under £100) are they all much of a muchness or is there a particular brand or style i ought to look out for?

Be nice please :) I honestly have been looking into this, but am finding it all a bit daunting if im honest! Id like to get this right first time!
Cheers in advance.

Thanks for the reply mate. Really appreciated. The links to the lunapet website and their ebay site don't work!!
Do you (or anyone else) rate the Up Aqua A-165 or the TMC V Pro? These are the 2 i'm considering. If there are any others I ought to consider, please advise.

I own the tmc, the needle valve dosnt have many turns so you have to be careful when making small adjustments. I fully reccomend building your own regulator. It takes a bit of research but the end product will be far better than any pre built regulator. My current builds are going to be using valves with 15turns from closed to open so it is a really easily adjustable setup, also using dual stage regulators which keep the working pressure steady all the way to the end of the bottle. If high tech is your thing then a regulator is an important investment. Get it right the first time. These things should last for life, you don't want something that will cause you headaches for life.

I use the Tmc regulator / solenoid set. Used one for a few years. Once you get used to the fine tuning its very very easy at a good price.

Thanks Steve. Once you have set the needle valve does it stay set or do you have to keep on adjusting it to get the desired bubble count?
Cheers Wazuck, I like the idea of building my own. But gonna stick to a ready constructed for the time being. Im just starting out so will learn as i go.

I have the tmc. The needle valve is pants. I added a better one. Like most people find 10-15 turns is better than 3.

You will have to adjust the co2 rate as the tank gets more dense with growth. So the needle valve is the most important.

I've not had any problems once its set at correct bubble speed. Used it for a calcium reactor on marine tank and once set never really adjusted.

Been set on planted tank for over a week now and not adjusted and kept perfect bubble count from day one.

That's good you should have no problem then;)

Thanks for the replies. Anyone have any experience of the Up Aqua A-165? Also, what is the benefit of being able to adjust the working pressure over a reg with set working pressure?

Yeah, I've seen that one too. Anyone own it? Is it any good? I'm kinda moving towards getting a reg/sol in which you can alter the working pressure. Seems in the long run this might be a better option than choosing one with set pressure. Anyone confirm the benefit of being able to change the pressure yourself?

I can confirm that the regulator from CO2Supermarket (at least mine does) works absolutely fine with an UP inline diffuser.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think i've made up my mind and going to go for the Up Aqua A-165. Seems like a good reg/sol, with the added benefit of being able to change the working pressure. Thanks again :D :thumbup:

Back