• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Levels

okla03

Hi,

I have just added extra filter to may setup, and my co2 drop checker don’t look as i have enough co2 in a tank. I have sera 1000 on one off the filters, before adding second filter i head nice green colour now it doesn’t look like it. My filters are biomaster 850 and 600, 600 is with sera 1000. My try tank is 90/55/55, do you think i need another co2 diffuser or reactor? I did read some of discussion on this topic, but as we all know everybody set up is different. There is much more movement at the surface.
Appreciate advice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
The extra surface agitation promotes more CO2 degassing to the atmosphere, so it makes sense that the CO2 concentration at equilibrium is less than before.

If you want to keep the same CO2 concentration that you had before, you'll need to dissolve more. You mentioned another diffuser or reactor, but before buying anything, I'd try to simply open the CO2 valve a tad more, you can increase the CO2 flow rate up to the limit of the reactor. If it starts spitting out bubbles or if it forms a large gas pocket inside, then it can't handle the CO2 flow given the water flow going through it.

It is also possible that the change in the internal flows in the tank made it so that the drop checker is now in a bad position, or in a position of lesser CO2 concentration than the rest of the tank. I think it is unlikely, but you could also try to position it elsewhere and compare results.

Thanks, since yesterday, I increased CO2 and seems much better I will try to keep it going like this for time being, and see what happens as I don’t really have much space in the cabinet, for another reactor. I don’t like in-line diffusers but if I need to have it I’ll have to get one. I appreciate all yours advice thank you very much.

Back