• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 leaking near solenoid / bubble counter

grjbb

I have a leak at area circled in red in my image below, My question is, is this section able to screw off? It would seem if threaded in, it has some kind of sealer on the threads. I just dont dare twist too much with it in the vice incase I break something. I know for definate I have a leak there as some good old soap and water is showing plenty of bubbles.
co2 .png

I have a leak at area circled in red in my image below, My question is, is this section able to screw off? It would seem if threaded in, it has some kind of sealer on the threads. I just dont dare twist too much with it in the vice incase I break something. I know for definate I have a leak there as some good old soap and water is showing plenty of bubbles.
View attachment 172530
I did this once. I’ve disconnected the whole regulator from the bottle first. I’ve used a towel which I wrapped around the solenoid and large spanner to squeeze the wrapped solenoid into it. Then used another spanner matching the needle valve size to undo the valve. The original seal was so strong that I was on the peak of my force. Also you can turn solenoid bottom plastic bit to the side to prevent snapping it off with spanner once seal is broken.

I found some people who failed breaking the seal and instead have damaged solenoid and needle valve. So everything is on your own risk.. use warranty cover if possible.
By the way I did mine purely for needle valve upgrade purposes 😊

I have done the same on a couple of regulators and they have used threadlock, which makes it very difficult to undo. I also was worried about snapping something as I had to use maximum force. I fitted different needle valves using loctite thread seal which is like liquid ptfe and much easier to undo when required.
Cheers

Back