• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 is hell

eminor

Hello, after reading dozens of topics on this forum I have improved but I am still unable to manage BBA even with excel, so I guess there is a problem of CO2, I have a 1500l/h pump in a 51l tank that sucks water and rejects it via a spray bar, I have left 6 holes, the rejection is relatively powerful, all plants move quietly, the levels of CO2 are good "almost yellow", the pH drops one point at the end of the day I use the estimated index method with the dosages advised in the tutorial of the site made by "Ceg" I believe i just reduced to my tank volume.

In lighting, I use 2*24w t5 HO, I put the ramp at 50cm height, which makes that the bulbs are at 80 cm of the substrate, before that it was at 55cm of the substrate, I can deactivate a tube, but the rendering is really horrible, I have the possibility of rising the ramp.

As you can see on the video, the pogostemon stellatus is growing very well, something that was impossible before, the cuba was very nice, I pruned it, I think it has a problem probably due to the CO2 ?

can you suggest me some ideas to improve the co2, etc? thank you

video

"the pH drops one point at the end of the day"
You want to be aiming for a pH drop of 1, before the lights come on.
that's a mistake, my pH is 7.5 before CO2 is on, around 6.5~ at light start and around 6 after light off, is that bad ? i did it a week ago

now that's weird, i tested my pH and it's 7 right now, it should be way lower, where i can i place intank diffuserwith spraybar because my intake don't suck bubbles at all ?

Last edited:
that's a mistake, my pH is 7.5 before CO2 is on, around 6.5~ at light start and around 6 after light off, is that bad ? i did it a week ago
There should ideally not be any change or at most 0.1 pH change between lights off and lights on.

The CO2 mist should be distributed across the whole of the tank. On the left side of the tank, there are hardly any CO2 bubbles compared to the right side.

There should ideally not be any change or at most 0.1 pH change between lights off and lights on.

The CO2 mist should be distributed across the whole of the tank. On the left side of the tank, there are hardly any CO2 bubbles compared to the right side.
that's because there is the diffuser on the right, i don't know where to place it :(

that's because there is the diffuser on the right, i don't know where to place it :(
I recently seen people using skimmers with venturi outlet to disperse co2, could be an option? Or putting the diffuser underneath the outlet

You could change your in tank diffuser to an in line atomiser, that would saturate the whole tank with micro bubbles.
Not everbody likes that effect as it can make small aquariums look like a tank of freshly poured champagne.

I recently seen people using skimmers with venturi outlet to disperse co2, could be an option? Or putting the diffuser underneath the outlet
i don't have but what if i put the co2 hose into the inlet, the impeller is right there ?

yo5d-Z-0DwoOMA5ZYblo1YjoaE0O62HFtMfIK7smUp6AlVgYevegBfeixyY7PSb0IWWV-zdFA_iMOOyl4R9RJA5HDhlxZ3ukOsT6Mw83AMnLct1Ni7lT4RAeCxX1SNJd6sqyQpQ0Pz2JNskPLvTpU3VUvRK16HEuAbovgfCxClFZFYp3pb4PIRIiDFbzttOCQVWY2Am9OM90mOSsEpc8mJPoBYREHwRnB3UANTRhNi7_XtfUihRetTpQd1rwy2dC4DaPX4iyAfg_v6BpoLXc1Vp1Vm6rAKqM95bJdSyhqDQ4HSBUca--SIiKGThTuIIqvoLgnPvi342qYJUMGsxkZWwUlNSCw4EM3fvVU4Z5s4oSR2K8OIBxv4csaivP2LBtp6aP1e0J6fsn-D2hrIm-bdP5fG6y9Uf6UrN62A53RZvuV4z1QmeRlgyAfapL2gLe9TqUuOXzEtAV2oD2FTtV8x4WUfl42DUcIPvLG7zjYgtYw7gczzNwJxFJg_nWVO-RZd45lZ83Y2lfk7QGu1F20aKeBCXvWhXei6LzOLcgQqBRHnAthc2IXDk8ji0e9Pwubq-eDTYORCCQPJx7s0vkv1JxN_xqxRGStrRsCVaH6d-HdRpDfPZ2NBdxZnO0mDEsDy4t_eWQ_SnUi9RBa_-hI8wvSCBfldMJ2LVErc2FzkZKCJA5Myyb0AGCVhR6MwvMaBMzmTrv5EqYLp2pPymitV0=w1674-h943-no

Last edited:
Yes try that and see what happens….
the impeller does break the bubbles, it make some noise but i don't mind, i think the impeller can't be damaged since the impeller is in the tank ?

diffusion is way better

the impeller does break the bubbles, it make some noise but i don't mind, i think the impeller can't be damaged since the impeller is in the tank ?

diffusion is way better
You can also shove a bamboo skewer in the end of the co2 line and then cut off the extra. The super fine pore structure causes very fine bubbles to exit which the impeller can then choo up even further. On a previous tank I did this into a power head and it worked pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Back