• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 in the intake of FX5

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi members,

how are you guys ?
I had two filters on my 70 G tank (FX5 and a 1100 L filter), I used to run an atomizer on the second one for my CO2 distribution, but this filter started to leak two weeks ago. Like the FX5 have completely different size of tubing I can't use my atomizer on it. I decided to put a 5cm ceramic disc in the tank, but I don't think it's enough efficient !
So yesterday night I decided to fit the tubing of CO2 into the cage of the intake of the FX5. I also decided to do this move, because on the FX5 the impeller is at the bottom of the filter and not at the top like most of the filter have, so I assume that it wont damage the pump.
after an hour running I couldn't see any bubbles or mist coming out of the outlet, so I assume that dissolution is OK in the filter + there no noise :) .

So my questions are:
Did someone here have already did this set up with this particular filer (or with an other) ?
Did this change was an efficient method of dissolution and distribution ?

And I just would like to know if I made the right change ?

thanks for your time and your answers guys..

Cheers

Hi
When I used to run two fx5 filters on one of my previous set ups I ran the co2 with ceramic diffusers into the intakes and also tried sticking the co2 tube straight in the intake. What I found with the latter was that towards the end of the day I would get a swishing sound from the gas build up of co2 at the top of the filter.
Other than that it worked fine

Hi mate,
thanks for your answer.
Ok i will listen at it tonight. if the noise is bordering me too much i will un plug the filter at 8 pm like that every day at 8 pm the filter stops and than blast the gas that is trap at the top of the filter. The only thing I hope is that it will not create a fluctuation of CO2 (I don't think so).

I assume that your reactor is more efficient than this set up ??

cheers mate

Hi mate,
thanks for your answer.
Ok i will listen at it tonight. if the noise is bordering me too much i will un plug the filter at 8 pm like that every day at 8 pm the filter stops and than blast the gas that is trap at the top of the filter. The only thing I hope is that it will not create a fluctuation of CO2 (I don't think so).

I assume that your reactor is more efficient than this set up ??

cheers mate

I found my diy reactor much more efficient and used less co2 too

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Alastair,
yesterday i came back from work and it was exactly as you said I got a swishing sound. And as I have a big rate if injection it was making a lot of noise. I have also figure that with the tubing inside the intake of the filter and with the same rate than before, I got the same Ph reading ( ph : 4,8). So I assume that I have the same dissolution thant with the ceramic disc of 5 cm. The only thing I didn't check because I was outside of the house, is if it takes less time to reach this Ph value.
So I have to build your reactor, But it is impossible to find barb hose here !!! I can only find a barb hose of 1" to 3/4" so it s not working with FX5 tubing.
Do you have an other alternative ? Or you can send me to congo your reactor hahaha :happy:.
well I will check today and during the week end how I can do that reactor.

cheers mate

Hi guys,
good news hehe yesterday i remember my self that a friend of mine used to have the same filter than I have (1100L) and he is not running tanks any more so he gave me his filter !!
So on monday I will put back the second filter with the up aqua atomizer on it !! I am happy but on the other hand I was happy with only one filter running. less material in the tank and less maintenance !! But for CO2 reasons i'll put it back !!!
CO2 CO2 CO2 CO2 hahaha always CO2
If I get tired of those small bubbles I will buy or build a reactor !!!

well cheers guys

you can fill the second filter with loads of media.. I use alfagrog filter media in my second canister filter... and yes, I only use my second canister filter to run my co2 reactor

Back