• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 in County Durham

codflanglers

Seedling
Hi all

Just wondered where people are getting CO2 from in County Durham? Everywhere I have tried seems to have stopped doing it. I'm currently using sodastream bottles but that was only supposed to be temporary.

I'm going to try either Energas or Air Products on the Team Valley, but I thought I would ask here to see if anyone had some other suggestions.

Thanks

Hi all

Just wondered where people are getting CO2 from in County Durham? Everywhere I have tried seems to have stopped doing it. I'm currently using sodastream bottles but that was only supposed to be temporary.

I'm going to try either Energas or Air Products on the Team Valley, but I thought I would ask here to see if anyone had some other suggestions.

Thanks

Get yourself a Fire Extinguisher from a local Fire Safety place that supplies and refills extinguishers .
Alternatively there is always Ebay which will need refilled locally when it eventually is empty
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIRE-EXTI...-6KG-POWDER-9-LITRE-WATER-6-FOAM/272706521524

Are they safe to use? I've read some horror stories. I guess a pressurised cylinder is a pressurised cylinder right.

Is it just take off the horn, attach the regulator and depress the handle?

Are they ok to use with a solenoid valve?

Are they safe to use?
We have loads and loads of 2Kg fire extinguishers hanging precariously from various dodgy fixings at work and no one has died. :D
Is it just take off the horn, attach the regulator and depress the handle?
Yes. Use a cable tie to hold the handle down. Use a re-usable cable tie. Some FE's have a pin & hole to lock the handle down.

Are they ok to use with a solenoid valve?
You do get a bit of a colour clash though :D

Here is one beside my tank. This one has an extra hole in the handle to enable the handle to be locked down by the pin.
upload_2017-6-10_18-14-45.png

Weigh the whole lot and write it on the side, see above. In my case usually about 5.8Kg. When it gets to 3.8Kg it no longer contains 2Kg CO2.

Back