• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 in a low-flow tank

lilirose

I did a search for this but most of the words were "too short, too long, or too common". :lol:

I have a 30 liter NanoCube (30x30x35cm) with a sponge filter that will eventually house a Betta. I have installed pressurised CO2, but there is almost no flow in the tank. The bubbles from the diffuser flow straight upward and don't visibly circulate around the tank.

I don't want to introduce more flow because the current setup minus the CO2 is simply what I do with Betta tanks, and it works well for me.

I've put a drop checker on the exact opposite side of the tank to the diffuser. It has transitioned from blue to green to yellow (I just set it up yesterday, still dialling it in). If the drop checker changes colour, does that mean there is dissolved CO2 in the water even though the diffuser bubbles just go straight up?

it means there is dissolved co2 in that bit of water... one would assume that the water will disperse about anyway, but would be worth placing the drop checker elsewhere as well and seeing what it does.

It's currently as far away from the diffuser as it can be- remember, it's a very small tank! Is there any value in moving it closer to the diffuser?

Back