• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Help!

nijat11

Hello everyone!
My tank is 800 liter + 200 liter sump.
2 weeks ago I have installed CO2.
I have pH controller and 2 magentic valves (one connected to pH controller and another for night control). My KH is 6 and pH is 7.
It is running around 3 weeks. I was droping pH till 6.3 and my drop checker gets lime green, if I will go more it is starting to turn yellowish and fish go to surface.
So now I`m doing small experiment, I set my controller to 6.5 and my drop checker still green (replaced it yesterday). For 3 weeks I have not seen any difference in plants growth.
So my question is, what I`m doing not correct? How should I continue ?
Thank you in advance.

Hi
Just stick to a Green Drop Checker, you are in Danger Of Gassing your fish!
You can grow plants fine with the above coloured checker.
As Tigertim stated, lighting and fertilizers will increase growth.

Possibly nothing or you need to up the fertilizer levels , whats your lighting levels ?
Hello! Sorry for the late response. I have tow Horizone Lancia - 2. Running for 8 hours (80%-W, 80%-R, 70%-B, 55%-G). Now thinking to increase red and white to 100%, because my tank is 80cm tall.

Hello! Sorry for the late response. I have tow Horizone Lancia - 2. Running for 8 hours (80%-W, 80%-R, 70%-B, 55%-G). Now thinking to increase red and white to 100%, because my tank is 80cm tall.
I would have light on the daylight spectrum 6500 kelvin but have no idea what the difference levels are for your light, 8 hours seems fine, if growth is slow but no real algea issues i would jus carry on as you are.

Back