• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Help

Tommy

Hi everyone, I noticed last night on my checks just before co2 cut off that there was no water in my bubble counters, is this normal? do you have to top up every couple of weeks ? I cant see any leaks on the regulator. Thanks :)

Yes, they will lose water.
I like to keep some in mine to keep an eye on things so I do top them up but other people let them run dry when they are tuned in.

Yes, they will lose water.
I like to keep some in mine to keep an eye on things so I do top them up but other people let them run dry when they are tuned in.

Thanks Andrew I thought I might have had a problem, something I did notice was my drop checkers were yellow and my rainbow fish were all smimming at the surface as if trying to get air, but my apistos were just going around normal. Obviously my co2 must be too high so I now have to start from scratch.

I am wondering if I have a flow problem seeing as the apistos were ok but rainbows not?

Hi all, Fish will have <"different tolerances to high CO2">. Fish that come from running, or cooler water, will be less tolerant of high CO2.

Because the haemoglobin in the blood transports both CO2 and oxygen, high levels of CO2 <"depress oxygen uptake by the gills">.

cheers Darrel

Thanks I didn't know that. I have lowered the co2 started again with a lower bubble count this was at 11am just come home and checked drop checkers and both are lime green and rainbow fish are swimming in lower levels now. I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes. :)

Back