• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Equip arrived :)

Bartash

I won an auction on Ebay for a TMC CO2 regulator for £16, the guy was selling it as brand new which is isnt as the nut by the pin adapter is chewed up; so i have contacted him about it. Im still going to keep it as it is still a good deal for £16 even though it took 3 weeks for him to send it even after lots of emails:

original38.jpg

You can see the chewed up nut below
original37.jpg

I also received my diffuser which i bought from ukaquatics.co.uk:
original36.jpg

I have found a place local to me that does 3.15kg bottles of CO2 that stand 18" high for £50 deposit on the bottle and £13 each refill http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/Categories.aspx?id=132

I need to get a drop checker and maybe a solanoid valve at a later date

So finally i will be able to go pressurised :)

Any suggestions on good drop checkers welcome

Carl

Hi Carl, an observation in the barrel nipple damage, is this, the thread that screws in to the manifold on the regulator is tapered. When new it will be sealed with a suitable thread seal, like Loctite Thread Lock. The animal who must have removed this or at least attempted to may have damaged that seal and if so you must repair it by re-sealing or replacing the barrel nipple or face a potential constant loss of gas. This portion of the reg will be pressurised from the minute you turn the bottle on and will normally remain so until its empty. The gas loss may also induce a CO2 dump because of the unregulated loss. Also if you go the CO2 route you are embarking on you really need a stop solenoid, unless you can manually man the reg every start/stop cycle. If you just switch the gas on and off in an arbritrary fashion you will cause issues within the tanks chemistry and or gas the fish if the cycle is too long. Our sponsors on the front page will do you a drop-checker and the 4dkh solution, have fun kind regards Colin.

Back