• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 drop checker colour

widow-maker

Hi Im new to co2 after setting everything up this is the colour of the drop checker... is this the colour im looking for or should I add more bubbles per second please.

thanks

D5904145-C8C2-4B4A-9B3E-736D5F30FFBC.jpeg

Hi. You need to aim to get the lime green colour at roughly the same time as your lights come on. For me I have the co2 coming on 3hrs prior to the lights and off 30mins before the lights.

Same here, I have a sump so I off gas at a much faster rate than most peoples tanks. Mine goes on at 8AM and lights come on at 11.
Do you have fish in the tank? If so, increase the rate on a day that your home so you can monitor the fishies reaction. You’ll see them get stressed well before the color turns, they will be at the surface gasping.

How much light are you providing and how much and type of plant Mass will also determine how much Co2 you need. I run mine at just about your colour, zero algae, lush growth. Low light

i have no fish in there at the moment i took them all out and just trying to get this drop checker colour right then start adding the fish and plants

Hi
I wouldn't add fish if your aiming to achieve a Limeade coloured drop checker:( you may be asking for trouble!
You could gas or stress your fish!
If fish are coming from a similar Co2 aquarium environment there maybe less stress on the fish.
Stick to the green colour for the time being, add your plants and make sure your tank is mature and cycled properly;)
When ready to add fish.
De gas the aquarium back to a blue coloured drop checker, then add your fish monitor the fish for a few hours then switch on the Co2 this is a critical time for the fish so be vigilant.....if the fish start heading for the surface, you know they are Co2 stressed and you need to dial back the injection rate, and up the aeration!
hoggie

the tank is cycled fine its the colour of the drop checker in concerned about.

increased co2 and this is now the colour

would you say this is now what it should be please?

thanks

Attachments

• 2F4B7284-00D2-497C-8C74-9ED468083748.jpeg
    2F4B7284-00D2-497C-8C74-9ED468083748.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
thanks for your help... now im going to check the ph level increases before i put any fish in.

Back