• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 diffuser venturi?

raptor22

I have a 29Gal tank, I am using a fire extinguisher CO2 cylinder as a source of pressured setup. Currently, I have a ceramic diffuser which is located beneath a small 3W power filter. I want to set a venturi setup. will it improve my Co2 diffusion or not?
My 3W power filter can be seen, it was being used in my 10Gal planted tank.

Hi raptor,

Which in tank ceramic diffuser are you using? as the bubbles do appear a little on the large size and are shooting straight up to the surface, Ideally the bubbles should shoot to the opposite side of tank and be pushed to the substrate level, This does lead to a lot of small/nano bubbles in the tank during CO2 injection.
I have yet to come across a 'decent' commercial product that has a ventri system , most folk who have them have a DIY system done by themselves or one they have purchased online by a DIYer.

I broke in in tank bazooka recently and I had some just like yours, I found they wasnt very good due to bubble size. So I got Twinstar Diffusor CO2 - Medium ( after chatting with @Siege who woks at Aquarium gardens) and I have to admit so far vary fine bubbles of which none reach the surface in my 50l.

A ventri reactor or CO2 reactor should improve the CO2 uptake, however theirs the cost plus best done external to tank on return feed from filter.

Back