• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Diffuser size and recommendation

johnnyoff625

Seedling
Hi All,

New here in the forum. I am building my second aquascape. The first was a trial and it went well.

I recently upgraded my tank to a CIANO Emotions one 80 CM. With the below dimensions
82(l)x41(w)x56(H) cm.

I am looking for the ideal co2 diffusor for the same. I plan to have an in tank one. Any suggestions? What are the ideal options out there for this size tank. I was checking on amazon say Jardli but it specifies 20 Gallon tank.

Looking forward to your help.

Thank you

Hi,

I would go for something like the Twinstar diffusor L size, see bottom of the page: Twinstar Diffuser - Twinstar EU

It's a well established company and I only hear good things about the diffusors, since they produce a fine mist which is essential. They are made from acrylic glass and are quite durable. The premium version would be a pollen glass beetle from ADA but really any ceramic/glass diffusor of good quality will do the job. Just make sure the ceramic has a large enough diameter i.e. min. 25mm or larger for your aquarium size.

Maybe consider getting a bubble counter as well since it gives you a good indication of your CO2 inflow. Also use a drop checker to gauge your CO2 level in the tank. Place the diffusor ideally on the opposite side of your filter outflow.

Cheers

Back