• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 check valves

Deano3

Hi I am just wondering about check valves there is loads a plastic ones on eBay 10 for 2.50 and they say for co2 air pumps are these ok cause they always have co2 in title then say air pumps or will they all be ok

Thanks Dean

Yeah, they should be fine mate. The check valve is just to stop the water siphoning back down the tube if you have a power failure or your equipment is switched off by a timer. The check valve just stops the water going into either your air pump or your regulator on the CO2 bottle.

I have got a plastic one on mine and it is fine. Mind you it was not a dead cheapo one, it was from DUPLA in Germany so Just make sure it looks decent quality.

Cheers,

Steve

Ok cheers mate thanks for quick reply

Depending on what co2 setup you have I would check out the Rhinox metal ones on ebay. Some of the plastic ones are not up to handling the pressures we have to deal with when using pressurised co2 especially with things like atomisers. If your co2 is not working at pressure the plastic ones will do.

Just using a diffuser for now and ordered the plastic ones, in future I will order metal ones as want up inline diffuser when got the money,

Thanks again

Back