• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 bottle run out. what to do until the weekend

martinmjr62

Evening all, ive just got home from work to find that my co2 has run out.really strange a it was still above the red at 60 bar at the weekend when i did my weekly maintainace. Ive turned off the lights and dosed EI as normal and 6ml of EC as normal. i've just got my old 2kg bottle and connected that and its showing 20 bar so i'll keep that connected for the meantime until i get the bottle done hopefully at the weekend.
Is there anything else i need to do
I've turned off the 2 t5's but i have another 25w arcadia tropical that i can use instead for the time being just to give it some light
Tanks a Rio 180 heavily planted

Cheers
Martin

I just turned my lights off for the couple of days when I had no CO2. Left ferts autodosing on as couldn't be bothered to change timer settings.

Evening all, ive just got home from work to find that my co2 has run out.really strange a it was still above the red at 60 bar at the weekend when i did my weekly maintainace. Ive turned off the lights and dosed EI as normal and 6ml of EC as normal. i've just got my old 2kg bottle and connected that and its showing 20 bar so i'll keep that connected for the meantime until i get the bottle done hopefully at the weekend.
Is there anything else i need to do
I've turned off the 2 t5's but i have another 25w arcadia tropical that i can use instead for the time being just to give it some light
Tanks a Rio 180 heavily planted

Cheers
Martin
Hi Martin,
if youve hooked up another c02 bottle and have c02 injecting then you dont need to do anything differently. You may want to reduce the lighting slightly until you optimise c02 injection rate again to be safe.
If you run out completely then switch the lights off until you get a refill, and you wont need to dose liquid carbon or ferts as the plants will not try to grow (unless you have a lot of ambient room light, in which case dosing the liquid carbon and some ferts wont go amiss :) )
Cheerio,
Ady.

Cheers Ady, the other bottle still seems to be going strong at the moment but i have turned off the 2 t5's and am only using the 25w arcadia.
I'll keep a close eye on it during the week and hopefully it will last until Saturday
Cheers
Martin

Back