• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 art regulator solenoid issue

SRP3006

Hey guys,

The solenoid on my reg doesn't switch off when unplugged, as in it carries on releasing the gas into the tank. Not the end of the world as the tank is empty and at start up but is there a way to fix it?
I turned off the switch last night and the gas has continued to release into the tank since then. Its a dual stage reg from about 7~ years ago.

Cheers.

I had exactly the same problem recently. I had to keep on repeating the solenoid 'verification procedure' but it wouldn't solve the problem for longer than a few days.

CO2 Art were kind enough to send me out a new reg, but even that one I had to carry out the procedure to get it to work..they have great customer support but perhaps this is a problem with some of their newer regs?

Thanks guys. It's an older reg and has been stored in the garage for some time so maybe some maintenance would be helpful I'll give it a go later
Cheers!

I'm having the same issue as well now. I've tried the solenoid verification check but that didn't work. C02 continues to flow. This happened a few days into the new shape.

Any ideas on what else I can try? I contacted co2art yesterday but haven't had anything back yet.

I'm having the same issue as well now. I've tried the solenoid verification check but that didn't work. C02 continues to flow. This happened a few days into the new shape.

Any ideas on what else I can try? I contacted co2art yesterday but haven't had anything back yet.
I emailed co2 arts twice last week but haven't got a response...

I emailed co2 arts twice last week but haven't got a response...

That's not good. I don't want to have to buy another regulator. Just thought I could get by with a replacement solenoid although you can't buy one without contacting them.

Interesting thread as I had exactly the same issue with Co2 art regulator. After various checks and correspondence I gave up and now run Co2 247.

Interesting thread as I had exactly the same issue with Co2 art regulator. After various checks and correspondence I gave up and now run Co2 247.
I'm currently running mine from when I get up for work until lights off. I ordered a replacement solenoid which should arrive on Friday or Saturday. Will let you know if it fixes the issue. If not I'll have to run c02 24/7 for a period of time as well.

Replacement solenoid did nothing. Any tips on how to work out what rate to leave it for 24/7 mode?

Hi, was the replacement just the coil part of the solenoid valve?
Did you try dismantling the plunger assembly as in the link above (post#2).
When I had the same problem a couple of years ago stretching the spring as suggested sorted the problem.
Cheers

Hi, was the replacement just the coil part of the solenoid valve?
Did you try dismantling the plunger assembly as in the link above (post#2).
When I had the same problem a couple of years ago stretching the spring as suggested sorted the problem.
Cheers

Yep, just the coil part. I've tried that 3 times, stretched the spring and cleaned the components but the problem persisted. I wanted to try a replacement plunger and spring but thats not available. 3 years ago, when I purchased the regulator, I had an issue with the co2 rate dropping. The customer service was good however this time it's been non-existent. Ended up purchasing a regulator from co2 Supermarket, will keep my 24/7 pro se series as a backup.

Back