• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 advice...running on empty!

Goose157

Hi all,

Quite funny this, in a previous post the other day , i was commenting on how long my 2kg had lasted!
(Been up an running approx 3 months) originally 850 psi at room temp when fist installed....i noticed a slight drop after 3 month to around 750-800 psi.
Anyway came down this morning to a cool sitting room and its now showing 600 psi - before even on cold mornings it was around 750-800 psi....
I assume its in its last stage before it empties...
This my first nearly empty situation - i do have a duel stage regulator but wondered how long it will run before its completely gone!??
As a precaution i have ordered another 2kg fe but will not be delivered till around the 11th!!!
Any info tips would be appreciated.....
Thanks
Chris

Well my 50L tank came with a 6.5Kg cylinder and never filled it yet and its been slowly lossing main pressure for a few months but in no rush to change the cylinder yet
upload_2018-4-7_17-8-54.png

Thats its normal working pressure too

However my 500L eats a 6.5Kg cylinder in about a month

normal working pressure is 50PSI and heres the pic as the main pressure get too low to maintain the BPS
upload_2018-4-7_17-11-22.png

Just changed the cylinder
upload_2018-4-7_17-16-6.png

So once the main pressure starts to drop in big tank have a few days and its empty but in small tank months

Hope thats of some help

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-7_17-13-24.png
    upload_2018-4-7_17-13-24.png
    813.8 KB · Views: 67
Hi and yes it does!....main pressure on mine is hovering around 550-600....and sinking lol....
Just hope it lasts till the new 2kg arrives....i plan then to get the empty refilled so i will always have a back up ready.....
Thanks for taking time to reply ..
Chris

Or have a backup of the backup!

I once fitted my 2kg bottle up having run out to find it had emptied in the morning. I’d not tightened it up properly

I have a mate who does fire training and therefore has access to dozens of 2kg bottles. He gave me 3 so hopefully that’ll last a good 9 months with no more leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back