• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cloudy water

fono555

Seedling
Hi my tank is little cloudy when I look from the side or from the top. It’s hard to say if it’s more green or white. Any idea why I do not have crystal clear water?

Here is the spec of the tank:
  • Age of the tank: 8 weeks
  • The room of the aquarium if very bright, but there is no direct sunlight on the tank;
  • Amoniac and Nitrite at zéro
  • Tank: 17 gallons
  • Filters: Ehiem 2215 (Seachem Matrix, eheim susbstrate pro and purigen) and Eheim 350 surface skimmer
  • Substrat: ADA Amazonia + power sand
  • Light: Chihiros 601 Serie A plus 7 h/day
  • Co2: Injected Co2 3 bubbles per seconds, open 4 h before light open and close 1 h before light close
  • GH 100 ppm and KH 50 ppm (I'm dosing dayly Alkalin buffer because KH constantly droping)
  • Water change 50 % per week done with RO water (adjusting GH et KH with Equilibrium and Alkalin buffer)
  • Fertilizer: Dry fertilizer (kno3, kh2pso4, k2so4, and CSM+B). Dosing 7 days a week:
    • Nitrate: 17 ppm per week. The nitrate level is below 5 ppm after 24 hours.
    • Phosphate: 7 ppm per week. The phosphate level is below 1 ppm after 24 hours.
    • Potassium: 22 ppm per week
    • Iron: 0.6 ppm per week (I’m waiting 30 min between macro and micro dosing)
  • Fully planted: Pogostemon, alternantera, staurogyn, Bacopa bonsai, hemianthus, ect;
  • Living: 10 danio galaxy, 15 amano shrimp and 2 otocinclus

Thank you

Thank you. Best quality I can provide
8e1c112b63cb57ccff2389bc21f0b8b3.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I've had similar issue for a long time trying to figure out the problem.
I finally tried dosing macro and micro (P /Fe) 12 hrs apart. Cleared up my tank instantly.

I can try that. Thank you

Yes the water have a green tint

Just seen that this doesn’t appear to have reached a solution... not on here at least. Did your green water problem resolve itself?

Quick update,
I finally I bought an UV sterilizer. My room is probably to bright even if there was no direct sunlight. My aquarium is crystal clear now.

Back