• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clear Hose

Trebor127

I am finally on the last leg of getting my tank back up and running after nearly 2 years!!

I need a supply of clear hose for both Eheim filters (16/22) and on eBay I notice that sellers are selling both 16mm ID standard wall (16/19) and 16mm ID thick wall (16/22)...would the standard wall one be sufficient or should I go for the thick wall to replace the Eheim tubing?

I assume that the standard wall will kink to easily?

Cheers

Rob

Most filter tube is 16/22.

I did have some 16/19 to pump water from my water heater to tank, but had a tendency to crimp and fold to easily blocking the flow. Replaced with 16/22 and no crimp and folding issues, but does tend to have a life of its own if you try to abuse it.

When cutting/fitting 16/22 store it in airing cupboard (or soak in hot water) before use, and it will be a lot easier to use.

Most filter tube is 16/22.

I did have some 16/19 to pump water from my water heater to tank, but had a tendency to crimp and fold to easily blocking the flow. Replaced with 16/22 and no crimp and folding issues, but does tend to have a life of its own if you try to abuse it.

When cutting/fitting 16/22 store it in airing cupboard (or soak in hot water) before use, and it will be a lot easier to use.

Cheers,

Will order some 16/22 then. Do you have any recommended suppliers? Last time I ordered some one batch was clear and the other had a blue tint.

The wall thinknes of the tube is a bit depended on the screw connection on the filter of valve. The nut on it clamps the tube on the nozzle if you screw it towards the tube, it needs to slide over the tube to clamp it. If the wall is to thick for the nut to slide over it, it will push the tube off the nozzle instead of clamp it. Is the wall to thin it doesn't clamp it and it might pop off or leak. :)

Than it's best, if the filter has valves with such a nut, to take that valve with you and see how it fits the tube you think yu need and if it propperly clamps it.

Back