• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning glassware

go down to your local baby shop and buy a set of bottle brushes, my parents have them in out shop that would do a sterling job, they cost about £2.00 tops and are about 6inches long if you want a longer one just tie some wool on and feed it trough the lilly pipe and pull it out. that's how I clean my spray bar and filter pipes.

This Eheim flexible brush, item 40005551 is the business on my Cal Aqua glass.

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalo ... rushes.asp

Both pipes are open ended, which makes pulling the brush through a doddle. I now have some PM glass as well, but the inlet has a closed end, so I don`t know how effective the brush will be, yet.

Dave.

Go for it dude!

I really wish I had thought of Garuf's idea before though, quite frankly... :arghh:

Cheers,

I just found my packet that my mum got and they're even less than £2, those in our shop are priced up at £1.20...

If there's enough interest I might be able to post some out for a menial fee.

The pair I use don't but there are more than 1 type so I'll post up a reply as soon as I know for the other makes.

I've treated myself and bought the ADA brush set and ADA 12mm clear filter hose from AE.

Oooooo, very nice!

Lol, I use a gun cleaning pipe - the guy thought I was bonkers when I told him what it was for :lol:

Hi,

The combination of ADA's Superge and Tube Brush (or something similar) work very well for me. You don't really have to go with ADA but you should be able to find something similar in a local hardware store. The cost should be minimal.

I would, however, soak your glassware into warm water mixed with bleach agent for about an hour before cleaning them up with brush. Wash them thoroughly afterward though.

Take care.

i've found that these 2 products work a treat! the brush gets all the way through the pipe, and JBL's liquid cleaner would strip paint!

IMG_8827-01.jpg

Back