• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

clado algae & sealant?

neelhound

Hi, im thinking of a relaible way to stick clado algae onto rocks/wood, i'm making a cave and i'm thinking of buying some clado balls, flattening them out and then sticking areas of them on with sealant. Would the sealant prevent it growing ? thanks

neelhound said:
Hi, im thinking of a relaible way to stick clado algae onto rocks/wood, i'm making a cave and i'm thinking of buying some clado balls, flattening them out and then sticking areas of them on with sealant. Would the sealant prevent it growing ? thanks

i would say "yes" to the sealent, once your flattened them (as above) attach them using 1lbs fishing line.

Regards
paul.

i always find once you unroll those balls they never grow that well, the underneath just rots. why not get some mosses, or some pellia, or even some ricca.

thanks,
ive had problems with willow moss clogging my filter(not just the intake, the fishing line untangled and the moss went up into the external filter and clogged it),
does pellia tend to break off and float about in low tech tanks? Is tehre another more reliable way of sticking it down? thanks

Back