• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros WRGB 2 query

Tim1343

Hi All sorry for what may be a daft question but can’t work it out from researching online and on this great forum: For the Chihiros WRBG 2, setting the light intensity by the white channel, does that control the overall intensity?

From what I’m reading on the Chihiros website I set the RGB to my aesthetic liking, or choose one of their 6 presets, and then add the white to an appropriate intensity, say 50% to start (plus adjust the temperature to say 6500k.)

So my question is, if I set the RGB to 100%, but the white to 50%, is the light running at 50% or not?

Have you got an screen shot of what you are talking about? On the manual control page in the app you can adjust the RGB levels individually or use the white intensity plus temperature to set the RGB values. On custom there is no option to control white. I take that to mean that there aren't separate white LEDs. Which makes the name a little misleading. At least for my WRGB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240612-175034.png
    Screenshot_20240612-175034.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 31
Yes so as in that screenshot, I have set the RGB to 100%, the white to 50% and the temperature to 6700k. So is that 50% intensity?

Attachments

• IMG_2190.png
    IMG_2190.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 27
What’s confusing me is the Chihiros website says to set the white to whatever intensity you need, then you can adjust the colours to your preference. I’m just not sure if my current setting is nuking everything or not!

What’s confusing me is the Chihiros website says to set the white to whatever intensity you need, then you can adjust the colours to your preference. I’m just not sure if my current setting is nuking everything or not!
Yea seems confusing but here is the how "I" understand it based on others.
The k setting(Yellow slider) will only affect the percentages when setting the intensity(White slider). So say you have it set at 6500k(even distribution of RGB), when you move the intensity slider all the RGB values will move to the same percentage. If you set it warmer or colder it will set them accordingly, you'll notice the change more as you increase intensity.

If you're setting the RGB values yourself you can ignore the intensity and k values completely. Basically you're setting EITHER the RGB intensities OR the light intensity at a certain k value.

If you adjust the color temp to say 3000k or such and 100% you should see the RGB (only actual colors you have) adjust accordingly.
If you set the rgb manually and the intensity slider manually the "k temp" slide is meaningless.

So as I see it yea if rgb = 100% and intensity is 50% the light is 50% of full..

If you set it to say 3500k and the rgb sliders are now not equal but the intensity to 50% well I'm not sure.
The light would need to increase some colors >50% to make up for some being <50%.

Kind of the opposite way but what one would have to do to make 3500k using RGB leds.
So red would be 100% , green 50%, and blue 25%.
Now take 50% of that??

Does that make sense?

LED Blue (470nm) [120°] x1
LED Green (530nm) [120°] x2
LED Red (630nm) [120°] x4
----------------------------------------

* SIMULATION DATA
----------------------------------------
Luminous flux: 590 lm
Radiant flux: 2,273 mW
PPF: 11.2 umol/s
TCP: 3500 K
CRI: 84

WRGB 2 do not have a white channel.
The "white" bar in the app is for the light intensity when you use the last bar wich control the color temp.

Back