• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros A901 (90cm) Enough light?

alanchown

I have just replaced my T5s with the Chihiros A901. I was running 2 tubes for 8 hours and 4 for about 5 hours.

My aquarium is 200L 99.5cm x 40cm x 50cm, CO2 and JBL Aquasoil. I try and keep PH around 7. Hardness is London Tap Water!

I have never had any joy with carpeting plants, so though I thought I'd give the LED a bash (MyT5s were quite old and probably due for replacement), and it certainly tidies the top of the tank up.

Since the change of lighting 2 weeks ago I have had a BBA outbreak- I always have it but its has certainly increased.

I am running the A901 on full power 8 hours a day. Do I have enough light? I suspect so- but why can't I grow any carpeting plants!

Alan

HO T5s or regular output ones? The Chihiros A series are known to be pretty bright at full intensity so what you've done is to change one parameter and upset the balance. Perhaps having the intensity at 60 - 70% will suffice for now unless you're running at a low bps rate for your CO2 and can afford to take things higher without stressing the critters.

Back