• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cherry shrimp pale back

andusbeckus

Anyone got any idea what this could be? It's the only one that has tirned pale on its back and doesn't look like molting to me...

IMG_0851.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,686
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 119
Depending on goals for your cherry shrimp colony, you can remove or keep this shrimp (looks like a possible "Malay coloured shrimp" - no idea what species these may actually be)

Depending on goals for your cherry shrimp colony, you can remove or keep this shrimp (looks like a possible "Malay coloured shrimp" - no idea what species these may actually be)

No real goals just want a healthy colony. I sti don't understand why it's happened over a 2 dag period and spread

Got about a 100 + cherry shrimp by now and also seen that light colored band or a different color sadle on the back.. :) Maybe it's as Miranda says a crossbreed.. All Neocaridinas can probably cross, who knows what genes have sneaked in over time. :)

All Neocaridina species are colour mutations/variations from the same wild brown type. They are the same species technically, and can have colour variations, and as you mentioned different colour saddles, different colour eggs too, etc..What one buys is what one gets...certain genes. Some of mine too have the same colour band accross the back. One of my two cherry females from which I started my colony had it.The other one didn't. Red cherries get really red if fed dry leaves matter...as far as red colour goes... They'd still have the band on the back though if they carry that gene...And if you cross a yellow with red cherry, the offspring reverts back to the wild type colour...brownish green

Back