• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cherry shrimp deaths

Jaap

Hello,

So i get 10 cherry shrimp, put them into my planted tank which is up and running for three months now and has 6 rummy nose tetras and 4 amano shrimp. I add a macro EI solution and then Seachem Comprehensive for my micros and then next day I find half of the cherries dead. The rest of my fauna are in perfect condition and with no deaths at all and are very lively. What happened?

Thanks

Sorry for your loss.

I assume you've just added the cherry shrimp.

Did you acclimatise the new shrimp? How long for?

How much CO2 are you dosing?

How different was the water chemistry from their origin to your own?

It sounds like they've had a hard time adjusting to their new home.

Hi,

I think this is the problem. I do not dose CO2 at all. I did not acclimatise them for long and I think that was the problem because now that I come to think about it their previous water chemistry had a lower PH and KH than my aquarium.

What a shame...my mistake cost them their lives :(

Thanks

The sad thing is that I knew about this! It was a rookey mistake and I overestimated their hardiness...

Take time to acclimatise them slowly, lights off etc. I would do a water change now aswell after their deaths in the tank to remove any pollution from them.

Back