• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap (bulk) chilli/mosquito Rasbora

CJayT

Anyone know anywhere in the west midlands up to stoke/derby why I can get 20+ chilli rasbora pretty cheaply?

They're about £2-£3 each around stoke so a little too pricey for my student budget 😩

Wow 15 AUD is very pricey, these are relatively common in the UK. You could try finding Ian (West London seller) on BAND if you are willing to come down to London to pick up, I seem to remember he was able to order some for under £2 each at some point.

Yeah man. Good luck with your search.

We have Covid heaven in Australia but we pay for things with Australia Tax added to it. Nearly everything aquatic its more expensive and some of it's plain crazy.

Sweet Knowle Aquatics normally have them - six for £14.75.

Out of stock at the moment, but might be worth giving a ring to see when they’ll be in and what price they could offer for the number you want.

Hi all,
Anyone know anywhere in the west midlands up to stoke/derby why I can get 20+ chilli rasbora pretty cheaply?
I'd be reluctant to buy them if I hadn't seen them in the flesh. I'd be willing to pay a little bit more for fish that looked healthy and were eating.

I know that they have been in short supply around Bristol.

cheers Darrel

Completely agree with Darrel. I'd rather pay slightly more for some that had settled at my lfs for a couple of weeks rather than get cheap ones with much more risk. These are tiny fish and you would likely get losses through shipping as they aren't the most robust species.

Spoke to my localish FS and they'll do 25 for 40... Don't think that's too bad. A-Z aquatics if anyone is also interested and seeing this

Spoke to my localish FS and they'll do 25 for 40... Don't think that's too bad. A-Z aquatics if anyone is also interested and seeing this
Think that’s a great price, To be fair I didn’t think 2 quid a fish was a bad price. I think fish are going to start being a lot more expensive soon due the increased cost in air freight.

cheers

Hi, from my experience casualties are always at play with these guys so buy more than you want if you can afford it.

Back