• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Changing Bottle

Swapping over my co2 bottle today and can't remember the procedure it's been that long. I can remember you should have the needle valve open when you turn on the gas at the bottle but I seem to remember something about the rush of gas can wreck the gauges for some reason.

Just checking should the working pressure dial on the regulator be in the open or closed position prior to opening the gas valve on the bottle?

I just ensure the FE handle is locked closed (put in pin) and remove the regulator. You will get an escape of gas as regulator depressurises, but not a problem.

Then screw on regulator to new FE, open handle, yes a rush of gas but so what. Then lock FE handle open with cable tie, job done.

I never fiddle with needle valve whilst changing bottles as that would change my CO2 levels.

Just make sure the solenoid is turned on too if you're worried about possible damage to gauges.
Managed to swap it over, I left everything in the open position which seemed to work. I have a 5kg pub bottle not a FE so no need for the pin.

Just couldn't remember if the working pressure bit was meant to be open.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

Back