• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CBS & CRS ?

lil-lynx

Will crystal black shrimp breed with crystal red shrimps , if so what would the outcome be ?

And also how do you get the best colour shrimp from breeding, and any tips of breeding the above would be great ! !

Im quite new to shrimp but from what ive been reading cbs and crs are the same species and do breed together due to them being the same species just a different colour form if a cbs and crs breed you can get either cbs or crs shrimplets and in (again from what ive read) most case you will get a mix of crs and cbs from the spawn. As to getting the best colour its a case of trying to separate the best colour / marked shrimp and selectively breeding them

Im not really sure if this helps you

Mark

Thats great , I will try and keep both red and black, any ideas the best place around the Heathrow area for some ?

Dr
Thats great , I will try and keep both red and black, any ideas the best place around the Heathrow area for some ?

If your going to get lots, drive round the north circular and get them from freshwater shrimp.co.uk otherwise I know the ma at osterly has a few of each species for twice the price. Phone them before and check.

I dont want many , maybe only 5-10 CRS if that and maybe a Golden bee or two ?

Back